POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : kinetic energy by scavenging ideas :-) [~155KB Mpg] : Re: kinetic energy by scavenging ideas :-) [~155KB Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kinetic energy by scavenging ideas :-) [~155KB Mpg]
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Jul 2000 01:13:02
Message: <pr48mscs4sjg9co1bscjdigs86hlok134f@4ax.com>
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 18:37:55 -0500, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

>Thanks for answering Peter, except the question is two-fold really.  I used
>lights inside to help facilitate the glow or else other objects would not have
>had shadows.  No radiosity had been used but I guess that would have done some
>shadowing if I had.  These media container objects were incorporated into a
>'looks_like' inside of each light source so they were shadowless regardless of
>filtered or transmitted transparency  ;-)

I just had a very odd idea -- how about using radiosity and no-image?
Add a highly ambient white ball with each media sphere and give it
no_image (in MegaPOV), then turn on radiosity. Might just work.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet